Lil V loves all fruits, especially strawberries. It is so cute to see when he signs “more” after he is “ah-dah” (all done) with his meal to get his dessert course, which is mostly fruit. If he specifically wants strawberries he signs “more” and says “sa-sa” which means strawberries. Lately, we have noticed that he says “sa-sa” for all berries. All other fruits are “ah-puh” (apple)!
Lil V is teething a lot now. He got 3 teeth in the last few weeks which makes it a grand total of 5 and there are at least 3 more on their way. He has been flaunting his new teeth with his silly smiles and keeps pointing to them and says “tee-tah”. With all that teething and the weather getting a whole lot warmer, I thought I would make these frozen treats for him to help soothe his gums.
It is just amazing how he has been adding to his vocabulary and how many more words he is repeating after us (in his own cute way) and he is just 16 months old!I am sure it is no big deal and all kids that age do that, but it IS a huge deal for us and we always think back to how little he was exactly a year ago!
I just realized how many lil V stories come out in these Little People Food posts. After all, it is Little people and lil V has to star in them! Right?!
Going back to the strawberries, these are amazing frozen treats for the little ones and they are not just your regular chocolate covered strawberries. Lightly sweeten the yogurt and even add some vanilla extract to it, dip the strawberries and freeze them. You can even stick a popsicle stick into the strawberry so it is easier for the kiddos to dig into it!
- Strawberries, rinsed - 8-10
- Greek Yogurt - 1 cup
- Honey or Sugar - 1 tbsp (more or less depending on how sweet you want it)
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Mix the sugar/honey and the vanilla into the yogurt.
- Line a baking tray, that will fit in your freezer, with parchment paper.
- Dip the strawberries in the yogurt to coat well and place on the parchment paper. Pop in the freezer for 45 mins or so till the yogurt freezes.
- If you want a thicker layer of yogurt, take out he strawberries at this point and dip them again in yogurt and freeze them again.
- You may have a little extra yogurt at the end. You need this much as you need enough in the bowl to dip and coat the berries.